Murder Most Fowl

I ventured into my yard after more rain and thunder today to check on the plants. Everything looks good. The peppers are good. The tomatoes are good. The potatoes are good. The cucumbers are dead.
Dead??!!
Yes, the beautiful row of seedlings that had sprouted looked like this today:


If you look carefully, there are no seedlings in the picture, just the corpse of what was one of the 10 or so cucumber seedlings that had sprouted a couple of days ago. I suspect birds. I guess I will sow more seeds this afternoon and this time I will try to protect them with some kind of netting.

THINNING FRUIT
I also spent a few minutes thinning the nectarine tree. Wow, what a time consuming thing this is!
I barely did three limbs in about 10 minutes. I have thirty or so limbs holding fruit right now. For the top branches I will have to use the ladder. Next I took a quick look at my peach tree. The fruit is not large enough to thin yet but I can see that it will take a while to thin as well. The apple tree is not as critical but still it will take some time. Hopefully it will all pay off with delicious fruit later this year.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Things I Don't Do In The Garden

Soil Science Shenanigans and a pair of plum trees

A Different Kind Of Garden