The Root Beer Tree

I said I didn't want to spend any more money on the orchard. In fact, I don't want to spend much more on the whole garden. My plan was to propagate some of the stuff already growing. I have Autumn's Joy for example. It has bloomed every fall since the day we moved in. I want more of it everywhere.
I have this green-gray cover plant that is near impossible to kill and it spreads like wildfire. I want that in various spots in my front and back yard, preferably under controlled conditions. I have Lilly of the Valley. It has been growing without my help for 15 years. I want more. I even have a poor Honeysuckle that has been clinging to life under the most horrific conditions of neglect. It is time for the Honeysuckle to soar!
I've already spoken about he Rose of Sharon bush (tree?) that has been sending volunteers for years. This is the year the Rose of Sharon regains it's proper place of prominence.
Let's not forget about the Tiger Lilly that showed up one year and now has spread, with my help, to new places. I want 100 of them growing together for effect.
Oh, and the miracle Coleus. I planted this years ago, outside, in the shade. It promptly died. Suddenly this year, there it is! Right where I planted it! I need to replicate and propagate until I can't stand it anymore.

No money needed, only blood, sweat, and tears.

Nah! Apparently, I also needed a Sassafras tree.


I ordered my tree yesterday online. It is supposed to get here today. I can't wait.

Well, I have to wait because it is raining again non-stop. Sigh!

I also ordered a Lingonberry bush.


But I promise, no more spending money on the garden.

Thank you for stopping by!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Different Kind Of Garden

Ollas!!!!

How Does My Garden Grow? plus hügelkultur!